Hello everyone! I’ve come to share with you all today an easy meal prep recipe with a bit of an island flare!
- 35 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 Tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp green onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- Lime wedges, if desired
For the Jerk Seasoning:
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. paprika tsp. allspice
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
For the Brown Rice:
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
- 8 cups cauliflower rice
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 (15 oz) can no-salt-added red kidney beans
- 4 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- To make the marinade, in a medium bowl whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, orange juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, green onions, jalapeño and jerk seasoning. Add shrimp to the bowl and allow them to marinate for about 30 minutes.
- To make the rice, heat a large skillet over medium heat and drizzle in olive oil. Add bell pepper, jalapeño and pineapple and sauté until tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. Then add rice and stir in garlic powder, salt/pepper, cinnamon, orange juice. Cook for about 5 minutes then add the kidney beans, cooking an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in chopped cilantro.
- Grill or saute shrimp, covered, over medium heat for about 4 to 6 minutes until shrimp are opaque and cooked through, turning once.
- In a small bowl, bring the reserved marinade to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes.
- Brush glaze over top of the shrimp and serve over rice with lime wedges. Enjoy!
And did I mention that each serving of this delicious dish is only 324 calories! I hope you guys will give this recipe a try. You’re sure to love it!