Hey guys! I’m back with a healthy eats recipe! Recently, I’ve found myself spending excess money buying food at cafes and restaurants. Five dollars here and there really adds up! A couple of weeks ago, I decided to start meal prepping, and the results have been great—both financially and physically!
My personal definition of meal prepping is preparing/cooking one huge meal only one day out of the week, preparing/cooking enough servings for one full week. (I currently meal prep for 6 days out of the week, and on Day 7 I treat myself to my own choice of meal, still making healthy choices, however.)
I’ve found that not only is it saving me a lot of money during my work weeks, but I’m also shedding pounds because I emphasize healthy eating choices when I cook. (I only meal prep my lunches, since that’s when I’m more prone to going out and buying food.)
For this week’s meal prep, I decided to make wild mushroom pasta with spinach! Below, I’ll list the ingredients and the recipe. Oh, and did I mention each serving is under 350 calories?!
Wild Mushroom Penne Alfredo with Spinach
• 2 cups baby spinach
• 1 tbsp minced garlic
• 10 oz Shiitake mushrooms
• 1 lb whole wheat pasta
• 2 cups light alfredo sauce
• 2 tsp olive oil, extra virgin
• Pinch of Kosher salt and pepper
• 1 1/2 tbsp chopped parsley
• 1 cup grated Parmasean cheese
1. In large pot, bring 1 quart of water to rapid boil. Introduce whole wheat pasta to water and let cook uncovered until pasta tender. Then, remove pasta from heat and drain.
2. In a medium saucepan, sautée Shiitake mushrooms, spinach, and minced garlic in extra virgin olive oil. Sautée until mushrooms and garlic are browned and spinach wilted. Add Kosher salt and pepper.
3. Mix together sautéed vegetables and alfredo sauce with pasta.
4. Divide pasta into 5-6 servings in lunch tupperware containers.
5. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon and 1 pinch of parsley atop each serving.
6. Cover and refrigerate meals.
This recipe is super easy, delicious, and healthy! I hope some of you give it a try!