Here’s a quick meal prep recipe for you all to enjoy. If you ‘re a lover of Hispanic food, you’re gonna love this!
Cheesy Enchilada Rice Skillet
1 cup uncooked rice
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
1 cup canned corn kernels, drained
1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
3/4 cup Old El Paso™ mild enchilada sauce
1/2 cup Old El Paso™ mild green enchilada sauce
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon oregano
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- In a large saucepan of 1 1 /2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion and bell pepper, and cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in rice, corn, black beans, enchilada sauces, chili powder, cumin and oregano until well combined and heated through, about 2-3 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Remove from heat and top with cheese. Cover until cheese has melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro.
Thank you all for stopping by, and stay tuned for more posts!