Hello everyone, and welcome! Here’s another quick and simple vegetarian dinner recipe for you guys to try! And if you’re a lover of Asian cuisine, this one is especially for you!
One-Pot Spicy Thai Noodles
1 pound linguine
2 tbsp olive oil , divided
2 large eggs , lightly beaten
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 zucchini , cut in half vertically, then sliced in half circles
8 ounces mushroom , chopped
3 cloves garlic , minced
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp sriracha hot sauce (this is A LOT of spice, tone it down if you don’t like spicy)
2 inches fresh ginger , grated
1 handful fresh cilantro , chopped
4 green onions , chopped
1/4 cup peanuts , chopped
1. In a large stock pot, fill halfway with water and salt, and bring to a boil. Add linguine and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl combine brown sugar, soy sauce, sriracha, and ginger; whisk well to combine; set aside.
3. Return large stock pot to stove, heat over medium heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil. Add beaten eggs and red pepper flakes and stir to scramble the eggs. Once cooked, set aside with pasta.
4. Return large stock pot to stove, heat remaining 1 tbsp oil over medium heat. Add zucchini, mushrooms, and garlic. Saute over medium high heat for 5-6 minutes or until veggies are cooked through.
5. Turn heat down to low, add pasta and eggs back to pot, then pour the sauce mixture over the top. Using a wooden spoon, stir well to coat pasta and vegetables with sauce. Remove from heat, add peanuts, green onions, and cilantro; stir to combine. Serve immediately.
I hope you guys try out this Asian-inspired vegetarian dish! If you have any yummy vegetarian recipes of your own, please feel free to share them with me!