It’s time for me to prep for another upcoming work week. This week, I decided to do an Asian dish of teriyaki chicken, brown rice, broccoli, and bell peppers. Read my recipe below:
3 cup brown rice
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 red bell pepper, cut lengthwise into strips
12 ounces broccoli florets, about 2-3 cups
FOR THE TERIYAKI CHICKEN:
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
2 tablespoons honey
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1. To make the teriyaki chicken, whisk together cornstarch and 1/4 cup water in a small bowl; set aside.
2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, honey and 1 cup water; bring to a simmer. Stir in cornstarch mixture until thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 2 minutes; let cool to room temperature. Reserve 1/4 cup and set aside.
3. In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine soy sauce mixture and chicken; marinate for at least 30 minutes to overnight, turning the bag occasionally. Drain the chicken from the marinade.
4. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes; set aside.
5. In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
6. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bell peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 7-8 minutes.
7. Place broccoli florets into a steamer or colander set over a pan of boiling water. Cover and steam for 5 mins, or until cooked through and vibrant green; set aside.
8. Divide rice into meal prep containers. Top with bell peppers and broccoli with chicken and reserved soy sauce mixture, sesame seeds if desired.
I hope you guys enjoyed this recipe! Stay tuned for more meal prep ideas.